I’m the worst when it comes to my phone. Sometimes I have days where my thumb is glued to the screen, and others when I want to throw it out the window! I’ve come up with a few ways to minimize my usage and cut back on my technology dependence.
- Turn off push notifications (you won’t feel the constant pull to check your phone if you know you have no notifications)
- Delete apps from your phone (so that when you want to use it, you will have to go through the process of redownloading it… might lead to less usage)
- Unfollow people you don’t care about (that sounds harsh – unfollow people whose accounts don’t inspire you or who make you feel anxious or who don’t post content you enjoy…)
- No tv watching all day (this one will have to be on a Tuesday cause I can’t miss the Bachelorette…)
- Unsubscribe from email marketing (limits the temptation to online shop)
- Sort through your inbox until it reaches zero (so satisfying…)
- Go through photos on laptop and phone, deleting those you don’t need (no one needs 5 copies of the same selfie, each edited with a different filter…)
- Deactivate accounts (Did this one the other day with my instagram)
- Turn off smartphone for one whole day (perhaps a Sunday…)
Wish me luck!